Nutrition 2021 Live Online, starts today. The American Society for Nutrition’s Conference promises four days of the latest science from the leading nutrition researchers and academics, clinical practice breakthroughs, the latest public policy and practices.
IUNS features on the schedule with “IUNS Actions on Capacity Development, Global Health and Sustainability”, a sponsored satellite symposium chaired by IUNS president, J. Alfredo Martinez MD, PHD, and IUNS Secretary General, Catherine Geissler, BDS, MS, PhD.
The Symposium takes place Tuesday, June 8, 2021 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM EDT and concludes with a live panel discussion.
This session discusses the diverse IUNS activities and approaches to sustainability, global nutrition, and capacity development.
Specific examples of how Traditional and Ethnic Foods and Capacity Building by IUNS in South Asia, are applicability to addressing sustainability and unstable global food systems exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic; Taking a multifaceted approach to Planetary Nutrition concerns by incorporating precision-personalized nutrition with wider planetary considerations to address public health issues; How IUNS supports building capacity among nutrition scientists to implement dietary guidelines at a policy level within African countries will be presented. The session will conclude with a brief presentation from Professor Hisanori Kato about the 22nd ICN of IUNS to be held in Tokyo, Japan 2022.
- IUNS Leadership on Global Food Concerns
- Presented by Vishweshwaraiah Prakash, PhD – IUNS & CSIR-INDIA Former Director of CFTRI-INDIA
- IUNS Insights on Dietary Guidelines in Africa
- Presented by Francis B. Zotor, Ph.D Public Health Nutrition – IUNS & University of Health and Allied Sciences, Hohoe, Ghana
- Planetary, Population and Personalized Precision Nutrition: IUNS Perspectives
- Presented by J. Alfredo Martinez, MD PhD – IUNS & Universidad de Navarra, Spain
- The Power of Nutrition: For the Smiles of 10 Billion People: The 22nd International Congress of Nutrition of IUNS, Tokyo, Japan 2022
- Presented by Hisanori Kato, PhD – 22nd IUNS-ICN Organizing Committee & The University of Tokyo