The Federation of African Nutrition Societies will be holding the 5th FANUS conference with the title of Multisectoral approach to strengthening food systems and achieving sustainable nutrition targets in Africa on 19-24 November 2023 in Dakar Senegal.
Congress Theme and Symposia: The conference will be delivered through plenary sessions and parallel symposia focused on 14 sub-themes (ST).
Abstract Topics (sub- themes ):
- : Adolescent and child nutrition
- :Nutrition before and during the first 1000 days
- : Micronutrient deficiencies
- : Double-burden of malnutrition
- : System approach to nutrition
- : Nutrition education and behavior change
- : Nutrient and bioactive components of food
- : Food biotechnology, processing and safety
- : Innovative approaches in nutrition assessment
- : Geriatric and clinical nutrition
- : Nutrition policy and program
- : Food and nutrition governance
- : Food system and climate change
- : Nutrition budget and finance
Call for abstract
The call for abstract submission will be launched on December 15, 2022 on the FANUS website and shared through local, regional and international networks and platforms.
Abstract submission: December 15, 2022 – May 30, 2023
|Early Bird Registration. -Ends May 31, 2023||Fees|
|International participants||250 $|
|Student from Africa Region||100 $|
|Student from non-Africa Region||150 $|
|Late and onsite registration – June, 1st – November 24th 2023|
|International participants||300 $|
|Students from African Region||150 $|
|Student from non-African Region||200 $|
*The registration fee will cover a registration package, conference proceedings, daily tea breaks, lunches and admission to all congress events. Single registration permits only one person to attend the conference.
Information about Conference venue and other moderate accommodations in Dakar will be shared through the FANUS conference website.