The EASO Collaborating Centres for Obesity Management will be hosting a webinar titled “Chronotype, Sleep Disturbances, and Obesity” on Thursday 30th March 2023 from 10:00-11:15 am CET. The webinar will delve into the importance of individual chronotype for obesity management, exploring the relationship between chronotype, sleep impairment, obesity, and wider health aspects.
Hosted by Dr Giovanna Muscogiuri (MD) and Prof. Luca Busetto (MD), Co-Chair of the EASO Obesity Management Task Force, the webinar will feature presentations from Dr Muscogiuri’s research team, including Ludovica Verde, Annamaria Docimo, Claudia Vetrani, and Giovanni Chirico.
Dr Muscogiuri, a previous recipient of the EASO New Investigator Award for Clinical Research, was recently awarded the Nutrition Society Cuthbertson Award for her work on chronotype, sleep disturbances, and cardiometabolic disease.
The webinar will also include a Q&A session for attendees to engage with the speakers. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about the latest research on chronotype and its impact on obesity management.
Specialists from Dr Muscogiuri’s research team will present in the following order :
- 10:00-10:15 am: Chronotype, body composition and nutritional habits – Ludovica Verde (PhD researcher, Department of Public Health, University Federico II)
- 10:15-10:30 am: Chronotype and obesity-related cardiometabolic complications – Annamaria Docimo (MD, Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Andrology, University Federico II)
- 10:30- 10:45 am: Chronotype and NAFLD – Claudia Vetrani (Associate professor, Pegaso Telematic University)
- 10:45- 11:00 am: Sleep quality and obesity: the chicken or the egg? – Giovanni Chirico (MD, Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Andrology, University Federico II)
- 11:00- 11:15 am: Q&A between speakers and audience
Registration via Zoom is now open.