IUNS Capacity Development
The IUNS Committee on Capacity Development in Nutrition has compiled a directory of eLearning courses suitable for the Continued Professional Development of Nutrition Scientists. The list features courses IUNS consider to be applicable to most early career nutritionists, but many of these providers have a wide range of other specialist training available on their websites.
The IUNS Committee on Capacity Development in Nutrition is providing a limited number of scholarships to selected IUNS Adhering Body members across the globe to attend some of these courses. Please see the individual courses providers for more information.
- Food for Thought: The Relationship Between Food, Gut and Brain
- Superfoods: Myths and Truths
- Trust in Our Food: Understanding Food Supply Systems
- Understanding Mediterranean and Okinawa Diets
- Understanding Food Labels
- Food and Nutrition: The truth behind Food Headlines
- Nutrition for Health and Sustainability * New Free Course starting 19 July 2021
EIT Food’s courses are open to all, aimed at anybody interested in learning more about the food system and can mostly be accessed for free.
ESPEN (European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism)
- Life Long Learning Programme (Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism)
- Food Composition Data
FINUT (Fundación Iberoamericana de Nutrición)
- Introduction to Nutrigenomics
- New tools and methodologies for Nutritional Studies
- Systematic reviews and introduction to meta-analysis
- Nutrition and Aging
All of these courses are delivered in Spanish. An IUNS-FINUT joint-scholarship is available for some of these courses delivered by FINUT. For more information about any of these courses and the scholarship please visit the FINUT website.
IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency)
- Assessment of the intake of human milk in breasted infants?
- Assessment of body composition by the deuterium dilution technique
- Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry to measure bone density and body composition
- Doubly labelled water technique to assess Total Energy Expenditure (TEE)
- Urea Breath Test for Helicobacter pylori infection
- Stable Isotope Techniques
- Nuclear Techniques in Nutrition
- Human Nutrition
NNEdPro Global Centre for Nutrition and Health
- Nutrition and Health Care
- Foundation Certificate in Applied Human Nutrition (Summer Schools)
- Nutrition Education and Population Health
IUNS provides scholarships to attend NNEdPro courses including the Applied Human Nutrition Summer Schools to enable students from LMIC’s attend. For more information about the courses provided by NNEdPro and the scholarship please visit the NNEdPro website.
The Nutrition Society
- Training Academy Webinars
The Nutrition Society training is endorsed for CPD by the Association for Nutrition. Discounted rate of £5 are available for Nutrition Society members from LMIC’s. Please contact the training officer at The Nutrition Society for more information about any of these webinars.
Electronic Nutrition Academy (eNA)
Global. Open Access/Free
- Assessment of Dietary Intake for Individuals
- IAEA-eNutrition Academy Taster Course on Stable Isotope Techniques in Nutrition Assessments
The eNA is a global charity helping to train the next generation of nutritionists and food scientists around the world, with a focus on those in Africa, Asia, and South America where many are at a higher risk of malnutrition.
Founded by the African Nutrition Society (ANS), the American Society for Nutrition (ASN), the Federation of African Nutrition Societies (FANUS), the International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS), and the Nutrition Society of the United Kingdom and Ireland, the eNA was launched in 2014 and offers free online training for nutritionists.
Disclaimer: Agreement by courses providers to feature on this list, does not constitute endorsement, implicit or otherwise, of the course provider’s products, literature, or any related items by the IUNS.