Chile – Annual Report
“Chilean Society of Nutrition Bromathology and Toxicology”
Verónica Cornejo, RD., M.Sc. President of the Chilean Society of Nutrition, Associate Professor of Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile. Chief of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases Laboratory.
Address: El Líbano 5524, Santiago Postal Code: 7830489. Chile. Telephone Number: (562) 9781491, (562) 9781484. Fax number: (562) 2941254. e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Directory members and their affiliations
Patricia Bustos, M.D., Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile.(Vice-President of the Chilean Society of Nutrition)
Erna Rainmann, M. D., Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile. (Treasurer of the Chilean Society of Nutrition)
Juan Ilabaca, RD, M. Sc., Director of Primary Health Care Services, Southern Health Area of Santiago, Chile, Ministry of Health (Director of the Chilean Society of Nutrition)
Sylvia Cruchet, M.D., Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile. (Director of the Chilean Society of Nutrition)
Francisco Mardones, M.D., M. Sc. Professor of Public Health Nutrition. Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Public Health (Past-President of Chilean Society of Nutrition)
Isabel Zacarías, RD, M.Sc. Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile. (Director of the Chilean Society of Nutrition)
Sociedad Chilena de Nutrición
Guayaquil 34, Departament 3-C
Tel: (562) 633 5633
Fax: (562) ) 633 5633
Term of Membership
- 2007 National Work Shop and First meeting of presidents of Nutrition Societies of the Southern Cone (Attendance: Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Spain and Chile). Topic treated: nutritional deficiency and excess in each country.
- Chilean Nutrition Journal (Revista Chilena de Nutrition), rising to 4 volumes per year.
- Active participation in the Association of scientific societies of Chile, supported by CONICYT.
- Member of the jury of Henry Nestle award, which awards 3 scientific papers related to nutrition.
- The Chilean Society of Nutrition, postulated Dr. Fernando Monckeberg the prize Mexico Science and Technology 2007, his career in the area of nutrition.
- The Chilean Nutrition Journal: was incorporated to the network of scientific journals of Latin America and the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal (Redalyc) http//redalyc.uaemex.mx
- Participation in the organization of Latin American Nutrition Congress (SLAN) 2009.
- 2008, November 26-29: XVIII Chilean Nutrition Congress in the south of Chile, Puerto Varas, and the Second meeting of Presidents of scientific societies Nutrition. Countries invited: Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Spain, Chile.
Topic: Nutrition Education.